SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#346691 - 07/10/12 01:01 AM follow up to the "Deckertainment" thread
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I found the comments in the other thread about the rapidly changing music scene to be quite interesting and right on the money. Been thinking about it for a few days, particularly what Donny wrote (he's also right on the money). Then I read this Craigslist post...from a seemingly down-to-earth, sincere young lady...especially meaningful as this "synthetic music" phenomenon seems to be world-wide:

http://london.craigslist.co.uk/muc/3125697981.html

edited post:

"Good Morning.

I'm a female guitarist with hopes to start a progressive/heavy rock/blues band. I have no desire to be famous or act the part of bimbo in heels. But, I do have a deep desire to create meaningful music with thoughtful people for the average person's enjoyment. (People have become so unbearably miserable)

…..but I'm having a few inner problems with the whole thing. First, music has changed so much over the years. It doesn't matter if I'm at a venue or listening to the radio, I have a great deal of trouble telling the difference between one band from the next. And generally this "music" is repetitive and detached thus uncreative. Which leads me to my next two questions. Where do you find dedicated musicians and what does the listener really want these days?

………though, so many of the "musicians" I know just end up to be gear collectors among other things.

Also, does the public generally want heartless, repetitive music or are have they just lowered their standards leaving them to settle for less? Even if I were able to be part of a great band, would people even dig it?

Cheers."

#346702 - 07/10/12 06:26 AM Re: follow up to the "Deckertainment" thread [Re: Mark79100]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Well, McDonalds is the nations #1 restaurant so go from there. HA!

#346703 - 07/10/12 06:31 AM Re: follow up to the "Deckertainment" thread [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Society let this happen....now its too far gone...she makes all good sense but sadly its all true..its all about the money now....no body cares....and it will only keep gettiing worse ...when were gone its all over. It's sad but true......I'm glad I had a chance in my life to enjoy great bands and Real musicians Pre computer and Pre DJ in my life as today like she said its a repetitious musical mess out there leaving the audience in a commercial apathetic mood.

#346704 - 07/10/12 06:35 AM Re: follow up to the "Deckertainment" thread [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Can't argue with that, Donnie.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#346709 - 07/10/12 07:06 AM Re: follow up to the "Deckertainment" thread [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Don
You nailed it and as much as I wish I were younger I'm glad I got to be in that era too. Real bands, real instruments.
Just one regret, why couldn't they have invented the Hammond XK3 or Casio PX3 back then !!!!

#346711 - 07/10/12 07:48 AM Re: follow up to the "Deckertainment" thread [Re: Dnj]
MattyB Offline

Loc: Australia/Hong Kong
I agree frown

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online